On Protocol Labs
I recently wrote about why web3 is the place to be. Now I want to share some reasons to join Protocol Labs to work on web3 with me :):
The space.
The mission. I’m a strong proponent of mission driven companies, and Protocol Labs has one of the most valuable missions I’ve been around - building the next generation of the internet.
Open source work. It’s novel, progressive, and empowering to work in the open. It changes your approach to building not just for a company, but for the community.
The people. A smart, motivated, helpful, and friendly workplace is worth its weight in gold Filecoin. And it all starts at the top with Juan, who leads the charge on setting the culture that is embodied throughout the company.
The learning. Beyond wrapping your head around the web3 space, Protocol Labs prides itself on innovation: conducting R&D across many fields, investing in external projects and startups across the space, and even choosing to upgrade itself once a year. It’s a unique mindset of being proactive to change, not reactive.
The timing. It’s still early, and the company is still very much a startup. There’s a whole world of opportunities to have a massive impact.
The product. What gets me most excited is what’s missing, and that is building the first major, practical application of web3 technology. Decentralized storage will be foundational infrastructure for the future of the web - every website, application, and service (both web2 and web3) has storage needs, and you can help build it!
If any of this resonates, we should talk. If you are passionate about the mission, we should talk. If you’re curious to learn more, we should talk. If you are interested, but feel the web3 space is daunting (because it is), we should talk!
And I really mean talk, as part of the openness of Protocol Labs we’re making ourselves available to the wider network. So feel free to book time on my calendar to chat.
Convinced? Look for opportunities here.
P.S. And if none of this resonates, I hope this post, at least, helps improve your decision-making framework for your next career move.